A UNIQUE WEDDING VENUE NEAR KING'S LYNN, NORFOLK
Just one hour from Norwich and easy to reach from London, Pentney Abbey is a stunning wedding venue, surrounded by picturesque Norfolk countryside and 35 acres of gorgeous grounds. The whole estate is exclusively yours on your special day and it’s a versatile space that you’re invited to do with as you please. Escape to this countryside retreat and you can leave the city behind for the night too with accommodation for up to 16 guests in the charming Farmhouse and cottages.
The Gatehouse is ideal for ceremonies. Dating back to as early as 1380, this historic building has a spacious front lawn for pre-vow toasts and a tranquil rose garden behind its grand wooden doors. The secret antique spiral staircase leads you to the licensed ceremony room – which seats 80 guests – and promises a bridal entrance no one will forget.
With room for up to 130 guests, as well as your choice of entertainment, the Barn at Pentney Abbey serves as a great location for your vows or wedding breakfast and reception. Our professional in-house catering team will work with you to create a bespoke menu for the latter, and it’s entirely up to you how you decorate the space and make it your own. There are a brand-new bar and dancefloor as well, and access to a pristine patio that can be used in the summer. For night owls, there’s a fire pit in the courtyard too.
Extend the celebrations with an overnight stay in the romantic Bridal Cottage – complete with a wood-burning stove and cosy seating area – just a few moments from where you said, ‘I do’, and enjoy a locally sourced breakfast with your nearest and dearest in the morning.
- The perfect destination wedding venue, just one hour from Norwich and two by train from London
- It’s up to you how you decorate and where you hold your ceremony, wedding breakfast and reception – plus, you’ve got the run of the whole estate during your celebration
- Space for 80 guests in the Gatehouse, as well as extra seating in the downstairs viewing gallery
- Space for 130 guests in the newly refurbished Barn, complete with a new bar and dancefloor.
- Pristine new patio outside the Barn and plenty of green space, perfect for lawn games or a bouncy castle for the kids!
- A stunning Bridal Preparation Room with everything you and your bridesmaids need to get ready including
- The romantic Bridal Cottage with countryside views – perfect for your first night together as a married couple
- The country-chic Farmhouse and cottages on-site for up to 16 people make it easy to extend your celebrations